Thursday, February 14, 2013

Speilberg Step Aside

Ward found the video camcorder in the RV the other day and we have been busy video taping on the beach.

Here are the videos we have made so far. They should give you an idea of life on the beach here at the Padre Island National Seashore. Enjoy!






















The videos are being sent from a German Bakery on Padre Island where we are enjoying Valentines Day pastries and buying more rye bread. This stuff is huge. We got a loaf of whole wheat rye and another that has sunflower seeds in the rye bread. There are two loaves because we are bringing one back for a new friend on the beach. He is from Quebec and is craving real bread as well. Too much wonder bread in America for us Canadians.

Oh, and my art projects are coming along. The first watercolor I did was definitely a learning experience.



I also make an Anniversary Card for Ward, with a lovely watercolor on the front. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

My next project is with the correct type of paper (140 lb watercolor paper) and has much promise already.

Just another day on the beach. Gotta go and get back to my life 'on the beach'.

2 comments:

  1. Great videos!! Nice to hear your voice....see where you are (gonna look it up on Google earth)...see Ward (Hi, Ward!) and see your lovely home on wheels!! Very nice!! Interesting to follow you on your journeys. One request, though...Ward, would you mind capturing Rae on video? I haven't seen her in about 8 years! :)
    I must say that now I LOVE the winters here...heating with wood everyday (took out the electric) and being here with my guy (Warren) in these quiet winter months is just about my favorite time of year! In Spring we get busy with gardens, etc...but now we have all the time in the world to do whatever....just like it looks like the two of you are doing! Aren't we all so lucky!! Have fun! And don't step on any of those Man-O-Wars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS....Nice watercolors! Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete